Friday, August 1, 2008

Quotes from The Glass Castle

Mom-
  • "Don't be so sentimental" (p.18)
  • "He gave me some perfect children, but he also gave me one that wasn't so perfect, so he said 'Oops, I better take this one back." (p.28)
  • "Mom went right to the edge of the cliff and did a perfect swan dive into the water below." (p.26)

Dad-

  • "You leave that to me. Don't i always take care of you?" (p.17)
  • "Dad turned into an angry-eyed stranger who threw around furniture and threatened to beat up mom or anyone who got in his way." (p.10)
  • "Dad was always inventing things." (p.23)

Jeannette-

  • "Second redhead girl" (p.27)
  • "I would have been happy staying in the hospital forever" (p.12)
  • "I loved the desert" (p.21)

Brian-

  • "I heard loud crunching sound and looked down. It was brian, eating the ice." (p.10)
  • "He was a blue baby, Mom said. When he was born, he couldn't breath" (p.27)
  • "Brian thought that was hilarious and just laughed and laughed." (p.13)

Lori-

  • J- "Did you guys miss me?"
  • L- "Not really" (p.12)
  • "Curly hair the color of a new penny"(p.27)
  • "had excellent vocabulary" (p.27)

No comments: